Saturday, October 12, 2013

Yves Saint Laurent Pure Chromatics Eyeshadow Palette City Drive Classy


I have a new favorite everyday palette. It's from fall Yves Saint Laurent collection and it's amazing. It costs 51€/55$ and you get 0.1oz/3g of product. 
The palette is the same size as the normal YSL quads (Pure Chromatics), the only difference is AMAZING design. Contemporary graffiti in golden and black are SO YSL and 80's style (to me) . It's ultra chic and the compact is very sleek, great for any kind of traveling.
Palette also includes large mirror and 2 double-ended sponge tip applicators.  


 
Creative director of YSL, Lloyd Simmonds presented this palette as un uptown-styled palette that represents elegant shades of marble, steel architecture and concrete. He felt in love with big, modern cities and Fall collection is all about them. It was inspired by modern woman who channels from classy uptown to bold downtown styles. 


This palette has some incredible, neutral colors that will warm up cold months of Fall and Winter and make us feel special. You can achieve chic, very classic look. You also don't have to use all colors at once. It's created to offer you options. It's made to play with. 
The palette includes 4 colors, from satin champagne to shimmering steel grey. 
I love the fact that you can use it dry for a subtle finish or wet to create some intensity and drama.  When used wet they seem almost creamy.


1.) This is a deep, rich dark brown with some subtle shimmer. It's quite warm and I use it as an eyeliner on my upper lash line. 
2.) Satin champagne color is perfect for highlighting your eyes or for a wash of color all over your eyelids. 
3.) I use this warm, medium coppery brown color either for all over my eyelid or just as an eyeliner on my lower lash line. It has warm shimmer to it. The color almost looks like a light chocolate. 
4.) The last eyeshadow is the one that made people insecure. I read lots of reviews, where people said it didn't fit in palette. But after I read something more about collection and Lloyds reasons I agree with him, it fits perfectly. It's great for adding some shimmer to your eyes, or just a hint of sparkle. This color is very special, I love how shimmering this steel grey eyeshadow is.  


COMPARISONS:


I decided to compare this palette to others I have. I found some good comparisons. But the champagne satin color and the steel gray one weren't similar to any shadows. They are new to shades of my collection. 


1.) Comparisons with the dark brown color:
I compared it with Too Faced shade called "Erotica". Erotica is darker and a completely matte color, while the YSL one has some subtle shimmer. Than I saw Urban Decay's "Busted" which seemed similar. It is, but is way more pigmented and has more red undertone. 

2.) The most similar color from my collection is the one from Dior's trio in "Smoky Nude". The shade I compared it to was the matte chocolate brown. They look incredibly similar. 

3.) Now for the satin, champagne color I couldn't find any dupes. I tried to compare it with Urban Decay's "Bootycall" and an eyeshadow from Too Faced, called "Silk Teddy". But they are both more pink and way more shimmering. The YSL one is deeper and has a satin finish. 

4.) The last color was the shimmering gray one. There was no comparable colors at all. I just swatched Urban Decay's "Pistol" to show blue undertone and amount of shimmer in YSL shade. I love this color, it's so modern and edgy. I'll use it a lot in winter. 


CONCLUSION:
I must say I'm very pleased with this palette. The colors don't look like much, but if you take some time and figure it how to use them, you'll fall in love with them. I think I'll be able to create loads of interesting, beautiful looks with it. It's also suitable for all skin tones. It has some warm colors and also some cool ones. But nothing extraordinary. They are pretty neutral. And very flattering on skin.  
I think they are one of those "comfortable" colors. Very contemporary and urban.

No comments:

Post a Comment