Monday, September 9, 2013

Comparison: Urban Decay NAKED 2 vs. Too Faced NATURAL eyes

I got my Naked 2 palette over the summer and I've been loving it ever since. It's just the perfect mix of colors I use daily. You can get almost every single natural look out of it and the colors are amazing. Super pigmented and just stunning.
And a week ago my dad got me another neutral palette. He went to NYC and was able to get it for me. And when I got it the first thing I thought was how similar some colors were to my Naked 2 palette.
So I've decided to compare them.


The first thing is size. You can see the difference in packaging. The UD one is made out of plastic and is amazing for travelling. It also has a big mirror.While the Too Faced palette is made from cardboard and is slightly smaller. It also doesn't contain mirror and brush. But you get 3 cards with tips on how to use the palette.
Natural palette and 3 cards with tips

UD one retails for 45€/50$ and you'll get the Too Faced palette for 36$. Naked 2 has 12 x 0.05 oz eyeshadow.
The size of Natural palette: 3 x 0.07 oz eye shadows and  6 x 0.03 oz eye shadows.

Naked 2 has 12 eyeshadows, from matte ones (foxy, tease, blackout) to pearly eyeshadows (bootycall) and mainly shimmering colors (half baked, chopper, snakebite, suspect, pistol, verve, YDK, busted).
My all time favourites are bootycall, suspect and YDK. They are my favorite eyeshadows in my collection. 


Now the Natural palette has 3 matte colors (Heaven, Velvet revolver, Sexpresso), and others are shimmering. You get 9 eyeshadows, 3 of them are larger. I like Silk Teddy (lovely champagne shimmer).


Here is comparison:

For the lightest shades of both palettes (Foxy and Heaven) I can't say they look similar. Both are matte, but Heaven is ivory and Foxy is more yellow.
Bootycall is lighter and less shimmering version od Too Faced "Silk Teddy". Nude beach is the same as Silk Teddy but more glittery (It also has more fallout).
Verve can't compare with anything.

Push-up and Chopper look similar, but Push-up is more brown and less shimmering.
YDK is unique.
Suspect is shimmering and more gray version of Velvet revolver, which is matte. Suspect is more beautiful.
Tease can't compare with anything.


Half Baked and Honey Pot look similar, Half Baked is more pigmented.
Cocoa puff isn't comparable.
Snakebite is shimmering version of Sexpresso. 

Erotica is lighter and less pigmented version of Busted
Blackout can't compare with others and Pistol is also unique.


Conclusion: 
If you don't know which one to choose, I'd say go for Naked 2. Not only has wider selection of colors, but they are also more pigmented and you'll get less fallout. With Natural palette you get 2 not comparable colors and they're nothing special (Heaven-matte ivory and Cocoa Puff- chocolate brown shimmer). I also prefer the packaging of UD palette and you get a brush and a mirror, so it's more useful.
Also if you already have Naked 2, don't go for Natural palette, it's nothing special, colors are the same, but not so good. I think extra money is worth it with the Naked 2. But I like the packaging and the cards with tips from the Too Faced palette. It's cute, but nothing special.

No comments:

Post a Comment