Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Dior Addict Lipstick (#680 Millie)


I've been a huge fan of Dior's lip products for ages. And I adore their Addict lipsticks. My favorite of them is called Millie (#680), which is a sheer mauve. It will cost you around 30€/32$ to get this beauty. The formula is sheer and extremely moisturizing. It doesn't have any particular smell and it feels lovely on your lips. 
It's just the perfect everyday lipstick for me, very hydrating, has a bit of shine and adds some color to your lips. It isn't long lasting, on me it lasts around 3 hours before it fades into sheer stain. 

Heavy swatch and blended out

But there is something very interesting about this lipstick. In the tube it appears as a vibrant, very bold plum with some shimmer. But on your lips it turns into a sheer mauve and it loses lots of the shimmer.I know most people wouldn't like the lack of pigmentation of this lipstick, but I adore it. It's just the perfect "your lips, but better" color for me and great for every day. It isn't to strong and still has some shine to it. It's just such a flattering color for all skin-tones. It will enhance every one's natural lip color. It also has neutral undertone which is great for me. I have neutral skin undertone and it's quite hard to find a lipstick that will suit me perfectly. And keep in mind that YOU CAN build it up. You can see in the swatch picture, how much I build it up to a more plumy color.

Because it has some plumy color to it, it's perfect for fall.
And the packaging is AMAZING. Chic silver tube that changes color in different lighting. Just incredible Dior product. 

Here are some lipstick I compared it with
Now for the comparisons.
I couldn't found the exact same lipstick, but I will show you some comparisons anyway.


I compared it with Dior's Jelly Lip Pen in Gaia. Gaia has more peachy undertone. It's also more moist. And it looks more rosy to me. Than I compared it with Bourjois Color Boost jumbo lip pen in Fuchsia Libre to show you that Millie has truly neutral undertone. Fuchsia Libre has a blue undertone and is a fuchsia colored lip product. It's also less shiny. Also keep in mind that this was a light swatch for the Bourjois one.
Than I found another lipstick, from YSL. It's called Volupte sheer candy and it's in shade #12 Tasty Raspberry. I think this is the most similar color to the sheer version of Millie (or the blended version). Just the YSL one is much more shiny and moisturizing. But colors are quite similar.
I think (I'm not sure) maybe new lipstick from Bourjois called Bourjois Shine Edition Lipstick (#24, Rose xoxo) could be similar. 

From these swatches you can see 3 things: It has neutral undertone, it's not that shimmering and there I couldn't find true dupe.

So I went to a beauty store and looked for some other comparisons. I thought these two would be the same, but it turned out they weren't.


I compared it with Chanel's Rouge Coco Shine in #61 Bonheur. You can see that Bonheur is more peachy and has slight red color to it. It's also not that moist. Now for the Revlon one it's pretty similar to Chanel's Bonheur. It's just a bit more shinny.

In the end I couldn't found similar lip color. Millie is pretty unique, it's just my favorite lipstick at the moment. My cat is also named Millie. I love them both.

No comments:

Post a Comment