Thursday, September 26, 2013

My OLD/SUMMER skincare routine


The summer is officially over and so are my skincare products that I've been using for the past half a year. I thought it would be nice to do a short post about my previous skincare, all the positives and the negatives of it along with some summer skincare tips.

Now I'll first represent main skincare products I've been using:

1. Neutrogena Visibly Clear Oil-Free Facial Wash

This cleanser is amazing. It's quite cheap, you get 200ml for around 6€ . It's oil-free and alcohol-free, which is always nice. It just cleanses your skin deeply and leaves you with a nice, healthy-looking skin. It's perfect in the summer, because it's great for oily skin. It's also quite gentle and smells lovely. I noticed it didn't clog my pores. It contains salicylic acid that removes dead skin cells and prevents breakouts. It also doesn't contain soap, so it won't dry your skin. I highly recommend this cleanser. 
It also smells amazing, very fresh and like oranges. The wash has an orange tint.

2.Lancôme Eau Micellaire Douceur


This is a lovely makeup remover. It feels very refreshing and has nice smell to it. It is expensive (30€ for 200ml), but it's actually also a toner. It's a great 2-in-1 product. So if you dislike having tones of products or if you're travelling it's very handy. I always use facial wash first (to remove makeup or in the morning) and than I use this cleanser just to make sure I removed all my makeup/dirt/oils and this also tones my skin nicely. It isn't drying and it's very calming. It will suit all skin tones.
I used to use 1, maybe 2 pumps and applied it to my face with a cotton pad. It has a nice dispenser that gives you just the right amount of product. 
And it's also a whole face makeup remover. By that I mean that it's gentle enough for your skin, but it will also remove your eye makeup/eye liner. It never irritates my skin.
Th formula is very light and it looks like transparent liquid. I used it 3 times per day (in the morning, after I removed my makeup and in the evening) and it took me around half a year to finish a 200ml bottle. But I used it after my Neutrogena Facial wash so I probably needed less product than if you'd use it on its own.

3.Lancôme Aqua Fusion Continuously Infusing Moisture Fluid


This is supposed to be a very light fluid that moisturizes your skin without making it oily. But in reality (or at least for me) it was nothing like that. First I used it in late spring/summer time, the time when I don't have dry skin. And believe it or not this even dried my skin. I was left with a strange combination, oily skin with some really dry patches. It's oil-free but it made my skin even more oily. It didn't feel refreshing at all. The smell if very strong, like a powdrey-rosey. The scent is just overpowering.

And when I applied it to my face it immediately burnt my skin. And I don't have extremely sensitive skin. It felt itchy and my face went straight red.
The fluid is colored, it has a light blue tint.

The texture is silky and light, it also has a cooling effect, but it didn't do much for my skin. It didn't moisturize and I don't like it. I stopped using it after a month or more and I tried it last week, just to be sure. It burnt my face again.
It just didn't work for me. And I think Lancôme has discontinued it.
The price is also to much, you get 50ml for around 45€, which is ok for a good, high end moisturizer that actually does something. But this was waste of money for me. The only thing I like is the packaging.

 
Conclusion on my products:
I used some amazing skincare products this summer, like the Neutrogena Facial wash or the Lancôme Eau Micellaire Douceur. I love them and will be repurchasing them. But I also had some horrible product I don't like. The main point of this summer skincare for me wasn't finding those "it" products, but just to try different types of skincare and to learn what suits my skin tipe. I learnt how important regular care is. And I will continue on learning about skin care, products and myself. 


Some tips on summer skincare:
  
a) Try to keep your skin hydrated 
- Drink plenty of water
- Use face masks at least once a week 
- Use a refreshing toner or a revitalizing spritz

b) Exfoliate
- This will remove dry skin and provide smoother skin with a healty glow
- It will also boost the effect of moisturizers, toners or serums

c) Use SPF on your face
- I remember that as a child I never wore SPF on my face. I hated heavy, creamy SPF's that made me feel greasy. But there are so many good moisturizers or sun lotions with SPF that have light and lovely texture. Be sure to use on everyday. This will also tone down your redness (If you have it).

No comments:

Post a Comment