Thursday, September 26, 2013

Illamasqua Cream Blusher in Lies



Today, I'll share some thoughts on a cream blusher from Illamasqua. The shade I have is called Lies. You get 4g/0.14 oz.of product for around 26$. It's also a part of permanent collection, but there are some rumors that Illamasqua will discontinue it.

Illamasqua describes it as a "Light pearly pink" cream blusher. It has a frosted, pearly finish. The color in the pan is sheer pale pink, but on my skin the color just disappears. I'm left with amazing sheen on my cheeks. It's extremely glowy and in some lighting you might see some color. And keep in mind that my skin tone (in mac) is 10 with neutral undertones. So you can't get any lighter. And even on me it isn't that pink, it's just a glowy highlighter. But you can also use it on your lips as a glossy creamy lipstick or even on your eyelids. It's a true multi-purpose product.


The texture is very creamy, almost buttery. I usually just lightly tap the product with my fingers and pat it on my cheek bones and other highlighting places on my face.You could probably use a buffing brush to.  It creates almost wet, glossy look that reflects light. It will suit those who like more strong, shown highlighter, because it's not that subtle. It's easy to apply, and you can build it up quite a lot. It blends nicely to your skin, but be careful, because it can it can emphasize your pores or dry patches.


The blusher comes in a black, plastic container. It's very suitable for traveling. It also has a slight scent of vanilla or candy. It's not that noticeable, just a light scent. But it definitely disappears when you apply it to your face.


CONCLUSION:

This is a very interesting product, because it's a cream highlighter with a slight frosty pink tint to it. It applies quite nicely, but it can make your pores stand out. It's not very subtle, but it does give you that healthy glow. I personally am not a big fan of this product, even though it was something new to me. I don't know, it's just not my style. It's too glowy and it can look a bit cakey if not applied carefully. But if you have the patience to work with it and if you're a big fan of dramatic highlight than go for it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment